The fine FastCoder hackers residing over in the borland.public.delphi.language.basm newsgroup have summarised their activity in the past year. The highlights are:
- John O'Harrow is the contributor of the most and best FastCode challenge entries (winning a Delphi 2005 Pro)
- Three FastCode routines were included in the updated Win32 RTL in Delphi 2005 (CompareText, Int64Div and FillChar)
- 16 challenges were completed
- The best AnsiStringReplace routine is now some 17 times (!!!) faster than the Delphi RTL StringReplace function
- A new major challenge is writing an improved memory manager (faster, less fragmentation, better multi-CPU performance, using less memory)
- A 64-bit version of Delphi is desired
Read the whole speech here. Keep up the good work, FastCoders!